Bow Seat provides an innovative space for teens to connect, create, and communicate for our ocean. Bow Seat's annual Ocean Awareness Contest invites youth from around the world to explore—through visual art, writing, film, and music—how humans’ actions impact the health of our oceans. Submissions become part of a growing collection of student work that is helping to raise awareness of the climate crisis, inspire protection for our oceans, and imagine a better future.
Bow Seat's 2020 Ocean Awareness Contest—Climate Hope: Transforming Crisis—invites middle and high school students to learn about the climate crisis and its impact on oceans; discover or imagine solutions at local, national, or global scales; and create work that explores hope in action.
- Submissions accepted in: Visual Art, Film, Music, Poetry, Prose, and Interactive & Multimedia
- Open to students ages 11-18 worldwide
- Students can work as individuals or as a group/class/club
- Hundreds of cash awards available, ranging from $50 to $1,500
- $750 Educator Innovation Awards for participating teachers
- Free to enter
- Deadline: June 15, 2020
Visit the Resource Studio for resources about oceans and climate change, including articles, primary literature, lesson plans, visualization tools, quizzes, and media.