Ocean Awareness Contest: Art to inspire conservation & action
Bow Seat's annual Ocean Awareness Contest educates youth about climate change, uplifts youth voices for ocean conservation, and inspires hope and action through art, creative media, and storytelling.
2020 Theme - Climate Hope: Transforming Crisis
The 2020 Ocean Awareness Contest invites teens to learn about the climate crisis and its impact on oceans; discover or imagine solutions at local, national, or global scales; and create work that explores hope in action.
- Submissions accepted in: Visual Art, Film, Music, Poetry, Prose, and Interactive & Multimedia
- Open to students ages 11-18 worldwide
- Students can work as individuals or as a group/class/club
- Hundreds of cash awards available, ranging from $50 to $1,500
- Free to enter
- Deadline: June 15, 2020
Resources for Educators
- $750 Educator Innovation Award: Teachers and youth program coordinators are encouraged to nominate themselves or a colleague for our Educator Innovation Awards, recognizing the creative ways that educators incorporate the Ocean Awareness Contest into their curricula. Learn more.
- Classroom Activities: We have compiled lesson plans and activities, media, and articles to help you bring oceans and climate change into your classroom, and to get your students started on their creative projects. Check out our resources for educators here.